Monday, August 10, 2009

Day One: Commence Stomach Problems

I guess that's an appropriate name for my first blog. Yes, this is day one of me freaking the hell out. I guess you could say that I'm about to make a MAJOR life change for a woman that I have only known for two months, and have only actually been with for a total of two weeks!

It all started a few months ago when I wrote a fan fic called "Blood On The Bracelet". It's a House M.D fan fic. Now the funny thing is I wasn't even going to write it cause I thought no one would read it. As it turns out, it's my most reviewed story on FanFiction.net. I mean it didn't get an assload of reviews but really, it was and still is my most popular fics. So anyway this girl (who's screen name was JBLovesSharks) sent me a private message to rave about what an amazing writer I am.

Now I am not with my head up my own ass, in fact I think LOTS of people can write better than me. I'm not going to say I'm a shitty writer either, I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I believe, though, if I can come up with an original story line that's compelling, then it won't matter how much I think I suck...people will be drawn in by the plot.

Anyway, so me and JB start talking on private messages for about a month. Then she PMs me her cell number and asks if we can text each other. I was totally up for that because on the family plan I am on with my family, I have unlimited texts to any number. So day by day we start texting each other non stop. This moved to instant messages on AIM, every night until maybe 1 or 2 in the morning!

Another month passes and she decides that she wants to meet me (as much as I want to meet her) and one random day she hops a bus from Long Island to Cleveland Ohio (where I am). The first time we met, it was like meeting someone that I had known my whole life. We came back to my apartment and I held her in my arms until she and I fell asleep. The rest is history.

The first time, she stayed for a week and we looked at apartments together. Sounds fast, I know, but like we click so much! I was telling my sister that it's different with hetero relationships, but when you are a lesbian (like myself) finding the perfect girl is like one in a million. Seriously! Besides she's my one in a million in more ways than one. We connect so perfectly that it's just, I mean....come on! I need no push to be with her, I want her around me all the time, I just love her so much.

She just left a few hours ago, I took her to the bus station and stayed with her for a few hours. We just sat there and talked before she told me that I could leave. *Sigh* She's just amazing. Anyway this week that she was here, we looked at more apartments. We found the PERFECT place and it's RIGHT down the street from where I am now. No major moving at all! Snoogans!

We needed someone to co-sign on the apartment application and my friend did it (instead of my dad, because honestly, if he knew we were moving in this fast he'd cut me off and I desperately need his money...no I'm not spoiled either, I don't even have a car, so get that out of your mind!) It's a two bedroom apartment in a basement. Comes with airconditioning and a gas range! I've never had a gas range before! Not that I cook...EVER...but I think that is so cool. JB is the cook in the relationship, now if only I could get over my emetophobia and eat what she cooks that would be great, but my emetophobia story is totally for another time.

Now there is the small task of coming up with the security deposite and first months rent. JB says that she can have it in a little while, she's expecting a big check from her dad for helping flip a house out in Long Island. She's hoping to get that so we can jump on the apartment and totally move in. I just have to move her here, and move to a new apartment WITHOUT my dad finding out. I mean my parents have met JB and they really like her, but I just MENTIONED the possibility of JB moving to Cleveland to my mom and she totally flipped. If she knew that we were actually going through with it....oh boy. This is one of those times I hate having such a Jewish mother. (I'm Catholic, converted, but that's also another story for another time).

Okay I think that's all I wanted to say. JB and I are perfectly happy even though we are almost polar opposites. She left her little stuffed leopard here with me, his name is Leopold and now I have something to cuddle with when I sleep...since JB is gone. Oh boy. I don't think life could get any better at this point. Everything is falling into place. Thank GOD!

~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment